Skillet Chicken with Mean Gene’s Fireball Glaze BBQ Sauce or Geno’s Beer, Bourbon BBQ Sauce
Are you looking for a fast fix after a busy day? The ingredients combine to create a tender, smoky chicken with the sweet hint of lime, the tang of barbeque, and a kick with Mean Gene’s Fireball Glaze and BBQ Sauce.
Submitted by: Pat L.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 14-16 minutes
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil to coat skillet
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Hickory or Mesquite liquid smoke
- 1/3 cup Mean Gene’s Fireball Glaze and BBQ Sauce or 1/3 cup Geno’s Beer, Bourbon, BBQ Sauce
- 1tbsp cracked pepper
- Pound chicken breasts to half-thickness (unless using thin cut, then lightly pound).
- Mix 2 tbsp olive oil, lime, onion, cracked pepper, liquid smoke, and choice of Mean Gene’s or Geno’s.
- Coat chicken breasts with the mixture from step 2 for instant cooking or marinate over-night for later use.
- Coat skillet with 1 tbsp on olive oil – You want your chicken to sizzle, not a burn.
- Add coated or marinated chicken breast and let sizzle in the skillet for 7-8 minutes depending on thickness.
- Flip chicken breast over and cook about 7-8 minutes more, or until done. Add a little oil if needed, do not allow to burn.
- Remove and serve with your favorite side, like BBQ baked beans, cole-slaw, or slap it on a bun and use your favorite condiment. Try our Sweet & Sassy Jalapeno Mountain Relish for that perfect topping.