Chicken with Lime & Spicy Campfire Seasoning
Spice can be nice on a cold, rainy, winter day, or during those hot summer days, and this chicken with Spicy Campfire Seasoning does not disappoint. The sweet and spice balance out to create a savory flavor with enough heat to warm up your soul on a cold day, yet adds a kick of life to those hot summer days along with your perfect beverage.
Submitted By: Jenn S.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 14-19 minutes
4 boneless chicken breasts
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp minced onion
2 tbsp olive oil (plus a little extra to cover the bottom of the pan)
3 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp Hickory or Mesquite liquid smoke
1 1/2 tbsp Appalachia Jack’s Spicy Campfire Seasoning
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp cracked pepper
- Pound chicken breast to half thickness, unless using thin cut, then lightly pound
- Mix olive, lime, garlic, onion, cracked pepper, liquid smoke, and Spicy Campfire Seasoning all together.
- Coat chicken breasts in the mixture for instant cooking, or you can marinate overnight before cooking for added in-depth flavor and taste.
- Add 1 or tbsp of olive oil to a non-stick skillet, and place on stove at med-high heat.
- Add 1 tsp butter into skillet, place chicken breasts in skillet, partially cover, and do not touch for 7-9 minutes, depending on breast thickness.
- Add another 1 tsp of butter to skillet, fli[ chicken over and cook about 7 minutes more, adding additional olive oil is needed, as not to burn the ken.
- Remove and serve on Jasmin rice or on your favorite bun with a slice of pepper jack cheese and cool avocado, for a refreshing and test tingling chicken sandwich.