Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf
If you are looking for a new spin on an old favorite, a stuffed meatloaf with one of AJ’s Barbecue Sauces will be one to remember. The savory smell and melted cheese will immediately get your taste buds tingling. The sweet, smoky sauce combined with creamy cheese is like heaven on a plate and will not disappoint.
Submitted by: Betty A.
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45-55 minutes
3 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 cup white onion, diced
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced (can substitute Jalapeno peppers for more spice)
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 & 1/4 cup well-crushed crackers
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp Hickory or Mesquite liquid smoke flavor
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
5 tbsp Geneo’s Beer, Bourbon BBQ Sauce or Mean Gene’s Fireball Glaze and BBQ Sauce (use 2tbsp to mix in beef, use 3 tbsp to cost during last 15 minutes of baking)
1 tsp black pepper
1 & 1/4 cups shredded cheddar pr pepper jack cheese (to be used as the center stuffing of meatloaf roll)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9×10 baking pan at least once.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl – except for the shredded cheese and sauce for the glaze.
- Remove a little under half of the mixture and spread it in the bottom of the pan, creating a small lip around the edges.
- Spread shredded cheese evenly across the layer of the mixture.
- Add remaining meat mixture covering the cheese layer evenly, pushing sides into the edge of the bottom layer.
- Bake for approx 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, evenly baste the chosen sauce from the above ingredient list that you used, and bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes and enjoy. Enjoy with Papa Frank’s Moonshine Pickles as a crunchy side treat.